Current Volunteer Opportunities - May 2019
Winter Drive and more
- This winter isn't yet over, but we are preparing in advance for our next Winter Drive, which will take place in the fall of 2019. We need people willing to take a leadership role in the planning and organization! We would also love to work with groups who might be interested in hosting a “spring showers” umbrella drive, a summer “back to school” backpack/supplies drive, or an "anytime" toiletries drive.
- Join the advocacy committee to help plan and execute a county-wide advocacy effort on behalf of refugees
- Host a postcard advocacy event in your local community - we can provide a toolkit with messages and postcards, you gather your friends and mail the postcards
- Help staff our postcard advocacy tables at the Westchester Heritage Festivals - requires a commitment of just one Sunday during the summer
- Be a social media ambassador - join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, then help us spread facts and positive messages about refugees by reposting/retweeting
- Book group - join our online book group and lead the discussion one month - look for Hearts and Homes for Refugees on Goodreads.com. (Questions about how to participate? Read our instructions here.)
- High school students can organize an experiential refugee simulation at their school - contact us for more information.
There are no vacancies at this time, but thank you for your interest.